Villawood Immigration Detention Centre
Detainees at the Villawood Immigration Detention Centre in Sydney, Australia, go on a hunger strike following the suicide of an Iraqi detainee.
- AAP via the ''Daily Telegraph
- Another group of asylum seekers starts a new protest at the Villawood Immigration Detention Centre in Sydney, Australia, while other detainees continue a hunger strike.
- Asylum seekers at the Villawood Immigration Detention Centre in Sydney, Australia, continue their protest with some inmates cutting themselves until a meeting occurs with officials from the Department of Immigration and Citizenship.
- Officials announce the arrests in Iraq of two men suspected of plotting terror attacks for Islamic State in Australia.
- A state of emergency is declared in New South Wales, Australia, as a bushfire continues to burn out of control. More than 500 personnel from the New South Wales Rural Fire Service, Fire and Rescue NSW and the Australian Defence Force are tackling the bushfire, which has torn through the Holsworthy Barracks and threatens the suburbs of Sydney.
- A hot air balloon hits a tree near Sydney, Australia, wounding 16 people.