Villawood Immigration Detention Centre
Detainees at the Villawood Immigration Detention Centre in Sydney, Australia, go on a hunger strike following the suicide of an Iraqi detainee.
- AAP via the ''Daily Telegraph
- Another group of asylum seekers starts a new protest at the Villawood Immigration Detention Centre in Sydney, Australia, while other detainees continue a hunger strike.
- Asylum seekers at the Villawood Immigration Detention Centre in Sydney, Australia, continue their protest with some inmates cutting themselves until a meeting occurs with officials from the Department of Immigration and Citizenship.
- A gunman, who killed one man, injured two others, and was holding three people hostage, is found dead when an armed tactical response police team storms a building in the Ingleburn industrial area in suburban Sydney, Australia. All hostages were unharmed.
- Australian police in Sydney arrest two men who, police say, were planning attacks on locations such as naval bases and police headquarters. New South Wales Deputy Police Commissioner Catherine Burn said Wednesday's activity brings the number of people arrested in connection with last year's Operation Appleby to 13.
- Five individuals - four men and a teenage boy - are arrested in connection with the gang-rape of a 16-year-old girl at a Sydney, Australia, house party.