Clarence House announces the engagement of Prince William and Catherine Middleton, to be married next year.
Prince William is to marry long-term girlfriend Kate Middleton next year after the couple became engaged in Kenya, Clarence House says.
- BBC (Image)
- Clarence House confirms that Prince William and Catherine Middleton will be married by the Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr Rowan Williams.
- Clarence House confirms that Prince William and Catherine Middleton are to be married at Westminster Abbey on Friday 29 April 2011.
- Clarence House confirms that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are expecting their second child.
- The wedding of Prince William, Duke of Cambridge and Catherine Middleton takes place in Westminster Abbey; Middleton becomes HRH The Duchess of Cambridge. Police make at least 18 arrests along the wedding route in London.
- It is announced that the daughter of the Duke of Cambridge and Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, has been named Charlotte Elizabeth Diana, named after her grandfather, grandmother, and great grandmother.