The United States will provide an additional US$500-million aid to Pakistan to help rebuild the country after devastating floods caused the worst natural disaster in Pakistan's history.
- Former President Pervez Musharraf travels to Dubai for medical treatment of his back and leg, before moving on to either the U.S. or U.K. for additional treatment, spokesperson Aasia Ishaque said. Musharraf, 72, will return to Pakistan to face all pending legal cases. Earlier this week, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif's government implemented the Supreme Court ruling, and lifted the 2013 ban that barred Musharraf from international trips.
- An American doctor, Mehdi Ali Qamar, is shot and killed in Pakistan by unknown assailants on motorbikes.
- The United Kingdom rejects its involvement in combat drone attacks by the United States in Pakistan.
- The United States stops shipping supplies to Afghanistan through Pakistan due to protests over drone attacks.
- The United States withdraws diplomats from its consulate in the Pakistani city of Lahore due to terrorist threats.