Guinea electionViolence occurs in Guinea as both candidates declare victory ahead of the Guinean presidential election.
Deadly violence flares in Guinea hours ahead of results of its first democratic presidential election since independence from France over 50 years ago.
- AFP via ''Sydney Morning Herald
- The Supreme Court of Guinea confirms Alpha Cond as winner of November's presidential poll following a state of emergency and fraud allegations made by ex-president Cellou Dalein Diallo.
- Voters in Guinea finally go to the polls for the second round of voting in the presidential election.
- A state of emergency is declared in Guinea after post election violence.
- Guinea announces that the second round of voting for the Guinea presidential election will be on October 24 after months of delay.
- Thousands of people flee their homes in Guinea amid ethnic clashes ahead of a presidential run-off.
- Guinea sets November 7 as the new date for the presidential run-off.
- The two rival presidential candidates in Guinea agree to go ahead with a presidential run-off on Sunday amid the replacement of the head of the election commission.
- The election commission in Guinea proposes 10 October as a revised date for the presidential run-off election.
- A United Nations envoy arrives in Guinea to discuss the suspension of the presidential election.
- A presidential run-off election in Guinea is postponed due to lack of preparation.