Yines, a previously unknown indigenous tribe, is discovered in the Amazonian jungle of southeast Peru.
- Al Jazeera (Image)
- After an emergency summit, eleven nations of Latin America (including Colombia, Brazil, Ecuador, and Peru) announce that they will all admit Venezuelan migrants without the required travel documents.
- A meeting is held in Lima attended by representatives from Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, and Brazil, to develop requests for aid in regards to Venezuelan immigrants, which will be sent to organisations including the United Nations and International Red Cross. Yesterday, there was a similar meeting in Bogota. A larger meeting has been set-up to be held in Quito in early September, to be attended by representatives from 14 countries and 10 international organisations.
- At least 15 people die after a bus falls into a ravine in the western region of Ancash, in Peru.
- In Peru, two trains collide en-route to Machu Picchu, injuring 15.
- The head of Peru's Supreme Court resigns amid allegations of accepting bribes.