Yines, a previously unknown indigenous tribe, is discovered in the Amazonian jungle of southeast Peru.
- Al Jazeera
- A coach transiting the Pan-American Highway plunges off the road in Arequipa, Peru, killing 44 people.
- A coach bus plunges off a cliff on a coastal road in Peru, killing at least 48 people.
- A 7.1 magnitude earthquake strikes in the Pacific Ocean near Acari in Peru's Arequipa Region resulting in 1 death and 65 injured.
- Former Peru president Alberto Fujimori is taken, from prison, to a local hospital for treatment for abnormally low blood pressure.
- The main opposition party of Peru, Popular Force, which has the absolute majority in Congress, gives the president Pedro Pablo Kuczynski less than 24 hours to present his resignation. This comes after it revealed that he received large sums of money from the Odebrecht construction company, through a financial advisory firm of his property, in exchange of the concession of important infrastructures for the country.