Thousands of people protest in Spain against a raid by Moroccan authorities in a camp in the disputed Western Sahara.
- Angola Press
- Sahwari activist Aminatou Haidar is hospitalized in Tenerife, Spain, after 32 days of hunger strike protesting against her expulsion by the Moroccan authorities.
- Approximately fifty migrants are feared drowned off the coast of Morocco. Three men were rescued near Alboran Island near the coast of Spain.
- Nearly five hundred African migrants swarm the border of Spain from Morocco.
- Morocco formally announces it wishes to rejoin the African Union 32 years after leaving over its recognition of the Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic in Western Sahara.
- Mohamed Abdelaziz, the leader of the Polisario Front which fought for the independence of Western Sahara from Morocco, dies after leading the group since 1976.