Thousands of cheering supporters greet Burmese democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi outside the headquarters of the National League for Democracy in Yangon.
- AP via ''The Star
- Aung San Suu Kyi, the leader of the National League for Democracy opposition party in Burma and MP for Kawhmu, leaves Yangon for Bangkok, Thailand on her first overseas trip in 22 years.
- The Burmese National League for Democracy reelects Aung San Suu Kyi as its leader.
- Barack Obama becomes the first sitting US President to visit Burma, meeting both Burmese President Thein Sein and National League for Democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi.
- Aung San Suu Kyi, leader of the National League for Democracy, is sworn in as a member of the Pyithu Hluttaw, the lower house of the parliament of Burma.
- Burmese opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi says that a dispute over the wording of the oath of office has been resolved and that she and her colleagues from the National League for Democracy will attend parliament for the first time.