Seven people are killed in a fire burning migrant workers' residence in Dijon, eastern France.
- 125,000 people demonstrate across France, according to the Minister of the Interior, with about 89,000 police officers on duty. 1,385 people are detained. Tear gas and pepper spray are used against the protesters and 135 people are injured.
- An Italian journalist to the European Parliament who was wounded during a terrorist attack in Strasbourg, France, dies of his injuries, raising the death toll to four.
- A gunman kills three people and injures 12 others in a mass shooting in Strasbourg, France, during the annual Christmas market. The shooter flees the scene but is identified by police as a known extremist. The incident is being treated as an act of terrorism.
- Two additional bodies are found in the rubble of the two buildings that collapsed four days ago in Marseille, France, bringing the final death toll to eight.
- Authorities find the bodies of two other men in the two collapsed buildings in Marseille, France, two days ago, bringing the death toll to six.