Russian security forces kill three rebels in Buinaksk in the Caucasus region of Dagestan.
- An explosive device goes off under a train travelling from Tyumen, Russia, to Baku in Azerbaijan, in the northern Caucasus republic of Dagestan.
- Russian authorities say nine insurgents who were planning to launch an attack next month have been killed in a gunfight in Derbent, Dagestan.
- A gunman kills five people and wounds several others at a church in Kizlyar, Dagestan, Russia. Police later shoot and kill him.
- At least three suspected militants are killed by Russian security forces during a firefight in Khasavyurt, Dagestan.
- The Russian Federal Security Service claims to have killed Rustam Asildarov, the leader of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant's Caucasus Province and four other militants in the Dagestan region.