Russian security forces kill three rebels in Buinaksk in the Caucasus region of Dagestan.
- An explosive device goes off under a train travelling from Tyumen, Russia, to Baku in Azerbaijan, in the northern Caucasus republic of Dagestan.
- A gunman kills five people and wounds several others at a church in Kizlyar, Dagestan, Russia. The suspect is killed in an ensuing shootout with the police.
- At least three suspected militants are killed by Russian security forces during a firefight in Khasavyurt, Dagestan.
- The Russian Federal Security Service claims to have killed Rustam Asildarov, the leader of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant's Caucasus Province and four other militants in the Dagestan region.
- At least eight unidentified militants and one security officer are killed in ongoing clashes in rural Dagestan, Russia.