- Eight suicide bombers attack two police stations in Kabul, Afghanistan, killing five people and injuring 16. ISIL claim one attack and the Taliban claim the other.
- The death toll from a suicide bombing in Kabul, Afghanistan, yesterday rises to 57, with the number of wounded reaching 119.
- The Taliban destroy an electricity pylon in Doshe, Baghlan, Afghanistan, overnight. The pylon carries imported power from Tajikistan and Uzbekistan, and its destruction causes widespread blackouts across several provinces and in capital Kabul.
- A suicide car bomber kills one person and injures fourteen others near the Australian embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan.
- A suicide bomber in an ambulance packed with explosives kills at least 102 people and wounds 158 outside a hospital in Kabul, Afghanistan.