Afghan police set up extra security checkpoints across Afghanistan to prepare for Taliban attacks on voting in the parliamentary election on Saturday.
- AP via Google News
- The Taliban kidnaps 18 election officials and campaign workers for the Afghan parliamentary election in Badghis Province, Afghanistan.
- Pakistani forces rescue Canadian Joshua Boyle, American Caitlan Coleman, and their family, in the Kurram Valley. The family had been kidnapped by the Taliban nearly five years ago in Afghanistan's Wardak Province.
- An Afghan soldier kills 3 U.S. troops and injures 1 other in Achin, Nangarhar Province. The Taliban claims responsibility, saying the Afghan soldier was one of several Taliban infiltrators in the Afghan Armed Forces.
- A Taliban raid kills at least 20 Afghan police officers in southern Afghanistan.
- The Afghan Minister of Defense, Abdullah Habibi and the Chief of Staff of the Afghan National Army, Qadam Shah Shahim, resign after a Taliban attack on Camp Shaheen near Mazar-i-Sharif that claimed over 140 lives.