Albanian Prime Minister Sali Berisha's alliance wins enough seats to form a government, though it fell one seat short of a majority.
- Albania's Prime Minister Sali Berisha indicates he may legalise gay marriage in the country.
- Albania's prime minister Sali Berisha vows there will be no Tunisia-style uprising in his country after three people are killed for protesting against the government's rule.
- In Tirana, Albania, a crowd of up to 20,000 protesters, led by ex-president and opposition party leader Sali Berisha, demanded once again that Prime Minister Fatos Nano resign for failing to improve the economy. This protest, though a peaceful one, comes on the heels of a more violent protest two weeks ago in which protesters threw rocks at police and tried to storm the Prime Minister's office.
- Thirteen sick people are taken off the stranded "Diciotti" vessel in Catania, Italy. Albania offers to take in 20 migrants.
- Heavy rainfall causes flooding in southern Albania. At least one person has died and 3,000 houses have been flooded.