Canada's national rail service, Via Rail, cancels train service due to a strike by its engineer workers.
- Canada's BC Ferry system experiences a total shutdown due to job action by its union, after an 80-day cooling-off period, imposed by the provincial government, was not rescinded. [http:--vancouver.cbc.ca-regional-servlet-View?filename=bc_strikepm20031210]
- Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau issues an apology for the country's role in turning away the St. Louis, a ship carrying over 900 Jewish refugees fleeing persecution in Nazi Germany.
- Jack Letts, a British Islamic State fighter held in Syria, faces deportion from Syria to Canada instead of the United Kingdom.
- The Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada orders Othman Hamdan, a Fort St. John man whose Facebook posts promoted the Islamic State, deported. The deportation is not immediate and requires additional events to occur.
- The Canadian province of British Columbia begins a postal ballot to determine whether to maintain the current first-past-the-post voting system or switch to a form of proportional representation for their provincial elections.