At least six people die as a Croatian high-speed train travelling from Zagreb to Split derails 30km from its destination.
- AP via Google News
- Ante Markovic, the last Prime Minister of Yugoslavia, dies aged 87 in the Croatian capital Zagreb.
- Pope Benedict XVI celebrates Mass in the Croatian capital Zagreb.
- Tens of thousands of protesters meet in the Croatian capital Zagreb's Ban Jelacic Square to express their support for indicted Croatian War of Independence veterans and ask Prime Minister Jadranka Kosor's government to resign.
- Two former Croatian generals, Mirko Norac and Rahim Ademi, go on trial in Zagreb, charged for alleged atrocities against Serb civilians in 1993.
- China claims all gold and silver medals in the Table Tennis World Championships in Zagreb, Croatia.