- Deutsche Welle
- Federal prosecutors in Germany apply in a Schleswig-Holstein court for the extradition of Carles Puigdemont to Spain, arguing that the treason charges are valid according to German law, because, according to the prosecutors, "the violence in Catalonia on election day can be attributed to the wanted individual".
- The Parliament of Iran confirms Hassan Rouhani's cabinet. However, three designated ministers did not receive a vote of confidence, including Mohammad-Ali Najafi who was the Minister of Education-nominate.
- After seven months in office and a decisive victory in the elections, Romanian Prime Minister Victor Ponta and his cabinet receive the vote of confidence from Parliament with 402 votes in favor and 120 against.
- Voters in Schleswig-Holstein go to the polls for a state election with the governing coalition of CDU and FDP losing their majority, paving the way for a coalition between SPD, The Greens and the Danish minority's SSW.
- More than 200 passengers are rescued, 20 of whom sustain injuries, from Baltic Sea ferry "Lisco Gloria", en route from Kiel to Klaipeda, after it ignites near Fehmarn off the eastern coast of Schleswig-Holstein. There are reports of an explosion on board.