Ukrainian former Interior Ministry official Oleksiy Pukach confesses to murdering journalist Georgiy R. Gongadze and implicates other high-ranking officials.
- Mikheil Saakashvili, leader of the opposition Movement of New Forces party, who has been stripped of his Ukrainian citizenship by Ukrainian president Petro Poroshenko on 26 July 2017, is detained by the Ministry of Internal Affairs in Kiev and deported from Ukraine to Poland.
- Ukrainian prosecutors say that former Interior Minister Yuriy Kravchenko ordered the murder of journalist Georgiy Gongadze in 2000.
- Three former police officers are jailed over the killing of Ukrainian investigative journalist Georgiy R. Gongadze in 2000.
- The Federal Aviation Administration states that it will allow U.S. airlines to resume flights at three Ukrainian airports, at Kharkiv, Dnipro and Zaporizhia, and over parts of the Black Sea, citing improved safety and security in parts of Ukraine.
- Russia acknowledges that it was notified of Ukraine's decision not to renew the Russian-Ukrainian Friendship Treaty.