A report by Amnesty International states that Israeli military activities and Palestinian militant rocket attacks during the Gaza War were war crimes.
- Amnesty International accuses Israel of willfully committing war crimes against the Palestinians.
- Amnesty International criticises the British government for spending nearly GBP1 billion on 30 Watchkeeper WK450 unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) which Israel's military allegedly "field-tested on Palestinians" during the Gaza War.
- An Israeli military tribunal convicts two Israeli soldiers for using a Palestinian child as a human shield during an offensive in Gaza in 2009, said to be the first conviction of its kind in Israel's history.
- In its annual report, Amnesty International says human rights abuses and repression increased in Iran and China last year, the African Union refused to cooperate with the International Criminal Court after it indicted Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir for war crimes in Darfur, the United Nations' Human Rights Council took little action while Sri Lanka's army and Tamil militants both committed potential war crimes, and Israel and the militant group Hamas did not follow up on reports that accused both sides of human rights abuses during the Gaza War.
- Israeli-Palestinian conflict: Israel launches a large offensive against the city of Rafah dubbed Operation Rainbow, cutting it off from the rest of Gaza. Amnesty International has called on Israel to stop and accused it of committing war crimes by its destruction of more than 3,000 Palestinian homes in Israel and the occupied territories since the intifada began three and a half years ago.