The last British Embassy worker being held in Iran after the disputed re-election of president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and the ensuing street protests is released.
- Sky News
- Opposition groups in Iran call for further protests ahead of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's inauguration.
- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad calls for opposition leaders to be punished over election protests which occurred earlier this year.
- Former Vice President of Iran Esfandiar Rahim Mashaei, a close ally to Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, is arrested after criticizing Iran's judiciary.
- The new Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad-Javad Zarif says Iran doesn't deny the Holocaust. "The man who was perceived to be denying it is now gone. Happy New Year," he adds.
- Iran's former nuclear negotiator Hassan Rouhani enters the race to succeed President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, accusing the incumbent of needlessly incurring crippling economic sanctions.