Ruslan Balayev, Ingushetia's minister for sport, is shot dead in his car.
A senior official in the volatile Russian province of Ingushetia was shot dead today, police said, in the latest high-profile…
- The Irish Times (Image)
- In Nazran, Ingushetia, arsonists set fire to the office of Memorial, a Russian human rights organization.
- Two Russian special forces and two suspected militants are killed in a gunfight in Nazran, Ingushetia.
- A group of nine human rights activists and journalists, heading to Grozny, Chechnya, in a small bus, are attacked on the Kavkaz federal highway near the Ordzhonikidzovskaya settlement at the Ingushetia border. About 20 masked men assaulted the group, confiscated some mobile phones, and set their vehicle on fire. Two of the journalists, the NGO lawyer, and the bus driver were hospitalized. A Committee to Prevent Torture representative said this is the first press tour that was not organized by the Chechen government.
- Seven policemen are killed and at least eight wounded in a suicide bombing attack in Russia's North Caucasus republic of Ingushetia.
- Two Russian soldiers and several militants are killed in clashes in Ingushetia in the North Caucasus; several militants are also killed in Dagestan.