Brazil complains of 64 containers with over 1,400 tonnes of British used condoms, syringes and rotting nappies located in three of the country's ports.
- Sky News
- The Guardian
- The United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) lifts the 32-year-old, lifetime ban on blood donations from gay and bisexual men. Men can donate if they haven't had sex with another man in the previous year. The FDA stance is in line with other countries, such as Australia, Brazil, Canada, New Zealand, and the U.K., and is consistent with rules on recent blood transfusion or accidental exposure to another individual's blood.
- Brazil surpasses the United Kingdom to become the world's sixth-largest economy.
- Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay agree to close their ports to ships flying the flag of the Falkland Islands at a Mercosur meeting; Argentina and the United Kingdom both claim the islands.
- Brazil returns 1.500 tonnes of syringes, condoms and dirty nappies which were sent from the United Kingdom.
- Brazil demands the return of over 1,400 tonnes of hazardous British waste.