Suicide attacks on two hotels
Bombings at the Marriott and Ritz-Carlton Hotels in Jakarta, Indonesia, kill at least nine people and injure at least 50 others.
- Herald Sun
- The Times
- Indonesian publisher and blogger, the "Prince of Jihad", is imprisoned for five years after being convicted of concealing information about suicide attacks on two hotels in Jakarta.
- In Indonesia, Muslim cleric Abu Bakar Bashir is found guilty of conspiracy for his involvement in the 2002 Bali bombing, but was found not guilty of all charges surrounding the 2003 bombing of the Marriott hotel in Jakarta. He received a two and a half year jail sentence.
- A Boeing 737, en route from Jakarta to Pangkal Pinang, crashes into the ocean near Karawang, Indonesia, killing all one hundred eighty-one passengers and eight crew.
- Failed suicide bomber Kurnia Widodo tells a court in Jakarta he believes imprisoned cleric Aman Abdurrahman is ISIL's Indonesian leader.
- The death toll from tainted alcohol in Jakarta and West Java, Indonesia, reaches at least 82.