At least 14 people, including 11 Serbian tourists, are killed and at least 10 tourists are injured in a bus collision with a lorry on a road near Port Safaga, Egypt.
Fourteen people, including 11 Serb tourists, were killed in Egypt Thursday when their tour bus crashed, a security source said.
- Jang Group
- Reuters Africa
- Reuters UK (Image)
- At least 13 people are missing or dead after the cargo ship MV "Ibn al-Battuta" sinks near Port Safaga, Egypt.
- Egyptian Police kill 19 Islamist militants accused of involvement in an attack on Coptic Christians in central Egypt two days ago.
- An attack on a bus carrying Copts from Sohag Governorate to the Monastery of Saint Samuel the Confessor in Egypt kills seven people and injures several others.
- Archeologists from the Cairo University and the University of Catania report the discovery of one of the oldest known examples of cheese. Discovered at a tomb in the Saqqara necropolis, it is the first known evidence of ancient Egyptian cheese production.
- A court in Egypt sentences 75 supporters of former president Mohammed Morsi to death, as part of a trial of more than 700.