A magnitude 6.1 earthquake occurs off the coast of Papua New Guinea but causes little damage.
A magnitude 6.1 quake has struck off the coast of Papua New Guinea, but appears to have done little damage.
- RTÉ (Image)
- A magnitude 6.9 earthquake strikes off the coast of New Britain Island, Papua New Guinea, at a depth of 35 km. There are no reports of immediate damage. [https:--www.bbc.com-news-world-asia-43592321 (BBC)
- A magnitude 7.5 earthquake occurs at the western Southern Highlands Province in Papua New Guinea, killing at least 31 people and injuring more than 300 others.
- A strong earthquake of 6.6 magnitude occurs off the coast of New Britain in Papua New Guinea but no tsunami warning is issued.
- A 5.9 earthquake occurs near Papua New Guinea. No damage is reported.
- An earthquake measuring 7.3 on the Richter scale is detected off the eastern coast of Papua New Guinea, though no damage has been recorded.