Two people are killed and five are injured in the explosion at a Total petrochemicals plant in Carling, France.
An explosion at a Total petrochemicals plant in France has killed two people, injured five and left others buried under rubble.
- France 24
- RTÉ (Image)
- A French court clears oil company Total S.A., its chief executive and over a dozen defendants of corruption charges related to the United Nations oil-for-food programme in Iraq.
- French riot police take over the Grandpuits Total S.A. oil refinery which had been blockaded by strikers for more than ten days.
- French police shoot tear gas at protesters at oil company Total S.A.'s headquarters in Paris.
- Two additional bodies are found in the rubble of the two buildings that collapsed four days ago in Marseille, France, bringing the final death toll to eight.
- Authorities find the bodies of two other men in the two collapsed buildings in Marseille, France, two days ago, bringing the death toll to six.