Two foreign nationals, believed to be French, are kidnapped by gunmen after a hotel is stormed in Mogadishu, Somalia.
Armed men take hostage two French guests from a hotel in Mogadishu as fighting rages.
- Al Jazeera (Image)
- A suicide bomber attacks a government building in Mogadishu, Somalia, and causes the collapse of an adjacent school. Three deaths and 14 injuries are reported.
- A car bomb near an International Committee of the Red Cross office wounds three people in Mogadishu, Somalia.
- A car bomb claimed by Al-Shabab kills five people including the driver and wounds around ten others outside Somalia's Parliament, Interior Ministry, and Presidential Palace buildings in Mogadishu.
- A car bomb blast in Mogadishu, near the Weheliye hotel in the Somali capital, kills at least 14 people and injures 10 others. Al-Shabab claims responsibility for the blast.
- Two car bombings near the presidential palace in Mogadishu, Somalia, kill at least 38 people. Al-Shabaab claim responsibility for the attacks.