The 11th Micronesian Chief Executives' Summit (MCES) of Micronesian leaders opens in Majuro, Marshall Islands.
Guam - A website dedicated to stopping cyber bullying on Guam has been launched. ...
- Pacific News Center
- The 11th Micronesian Chief Executives- Summit (MCES) of Micronesian leaders opens in Majuro, Marshall Islands.
- The 11th Micronesian Chief Executives' Summit (MCES) of Micronesian leaders opens in Majuro, Marshall Islands.
- Hilda Heine is elected President of the Marshall Islands by Parliament, becoming the country's first female president, as well as the first woman to serve as president of any Micronesian country. She succeeds outgoing President Casten Nemra, who lost a vote of no confidence on January 26.
- High tides cause flooding in Majuro, the capital of the Marshall Islands, requiring the evacuation of 300 people.
- The aviator Amelia Earhart and her navigator Fred Noonan may have survived in the Marshall Islands and were held captive by the Japanese according to an allegedly undoctored photo in the National Archives. Experts remain divided on the claim, however.
- The United States test launch a Minuteman III missile from California to the Marshall Islands.
- Marshall Islands President Casten Nemra is defeated in a vote of no confidence. Nemra had just been elected President in early January 2016. A successor is expected to be selected soon.