- The Times of India
- The Times
- Today's Zaman
- July 2009 Urumqi riots: China urges Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan to retract his comments of "genocide" in Xinjiang.
- China urges Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan to retract his comments of "genocide" in Xinjiang.
- Security is boosted in Xinjiang in western China on the anniversary of the July 2009 Urumqi riots.
- China sentences an Uyghur journalist who spoke to foreign media after riots in Xinjiang last year to 15 years imprisonment.
- China commences surveillance of text messages, with customers from the country's two largest operators being blocked for lewd messages. Meanwhile, text messaging returns to Xinjiang, after riots last July.
- A further six people are sentenced to death over ethnic unrest in China's Xinjiang region in July.
- Suspected ISIL militants attack Turkey's Istanbul Ataturk Airport. Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim says 36 people were killed, as were the three suicide bombers. Justice Minister Bekir Bozdag says 147 were wounded.