The death toll from the recent riots in rmqi rises to 184.
- China Daily
- A further three people are sentenced to death for their involvement in the July riots in rmqi, Xinjiang, in northwestern China.
- A further five people are sentenced to death over their involvement in the July riots in rmqi, Xinjiang, in northwestern China.
- China sentences a further five people to death over riots in rmqi, Xinjiang in July, bringing the total number of people sentenced to death to 22.
- Chinese President Hu Jintao returns to Beijing and chairs Politburo Meeting, vowing "severe punishment" on culprits as the social order in rmqi is being restored.
- Three people are killed and twenty injured following clashes in rmqi, capital of Xinjiang, western China.