A mass funeral takes place in Srebrenica, Bosnia, to commemorate the 14th anniversary of the massacre that took place in the town.
Ceremony held to mark anniversary of worst massacre in Europe since World War II.
- Al Jazeera (Image)
- The Hindu
- Authorities in Republika Srpska, the Bosnian Serb division of Bosnia and Herzegovina, admit for the first time the actual scale of the 1995 Srebrenica massacre, providing a list of over 7,000 Muslim victims. The Bosnian Serb president admitted in June that Serb forces had committed the massacre, but did not give a specific number of victims.
- Judges at the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia find former President of the Republika Srpska Radovan Karadzic guilty of committing genocide and crimes against humanity in Bosnia during the Bosnian War and is sentenced to 40 years in prison. Karadzic is found to be "criminally responsible" for the Srebrenica massacre.
- 520 men and boys killed in the Srebrenica massacre in 1995 are buried in Potocari, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- The International Court of Justice finds Serbia guilty of failing to prevent genocide in the Srebrenica massacre, but clears it of direct responsibility and complicity in a case brought forth by Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- In Bosnia and Herzegovina, tens of thousands of people gather in Potocari to commemorate the Srebrenica massacre and rebury 610 victims