More than 400,000 people are evacuated following an earthquake in Yunnan, China.
- Bangkok Post
- Chinese prosecutors say more than 600 people were killed over a period of seven years in Yunnan due to official misconduct.
- At least 67 people are missing in new landslides in Yunnan, southwest China, with at least two deaths confirmed.
- At least three people die and 14 are injured in deliberate explosions on buses in the city of Kunming, the capital of Yunnan province in the People's Republic of China.
- A hydrogen sulfide leak at a fertiliser plant in Kunming, capital of Yunnan Province in China, kills six people and injures 28.
- China's National People's Congress approves the removal of presidential term limits, in a move that allows current president Xi Jinping to remain president for life.