Officials in Comoros confirm that one passenger from Yemenia Flight 626, a 14-year-old girl, has been found alive.
- Debris and bodies from Yemenia Flight 626, which crashed off the Comoros in the Indian Ocean, wash up on Mafia Island, Tanzania.
- Yemenia Flight 626, an Airbus A310, crashes en route to Moroni, Comoros, from Sana'a, Yemen. [http:--www.cnn.com-2009-WORLD-meast-06-29-yemen.plane.crash-index.html (CNN) ]
- Voting begins for the second round of an election in the Comoros with a tight race expected between three candidates. They are current Vice President Mohamed Ali Soilihi, who won the first round, former coup leader Azali Assoumani and Governor of Grande Comore Mouigni Baraka.
- Comoros authorities are counting ballots from Sunday's incident-free, presidential primary on Grande Comore island. The presidency rotates between the nation's three semi-autonomous islands, which also held gubernatorial elections. Provisional results are due Wednesday. Then, on April 10, 2016, the three leading candidates will vie in a runoff.
- Voters in Comoros go to the polls for a presidential election with 25 candidates standing.