An explosion kills 11 people and injures at least 46 at a hotel in Peshawar, Pakistan.
- The government of Pakistan is "rethinking" its dependence on China for the loans it needs to complete its Peshawar to Karachi rail project. This is part of a broader pushback on the ambitions of China's Belt and Road Initiative throughout the region.
- The origin of the zero may have been in South Asia according to a Sanskrit script housed in the United Kingdom since 1902 and discovered in Bakhshali near Peshawar, Pakistan.
- Two separate bombings take place in Pakistan, killing at least seven people. A suicide bomber kills five people at the administrative headquarters in the Mohmand Agency tribal district while the other kills two people at a hospital in Peshawar. Jamaat-ul-Ahrar claims responsibility for the first attack.
- Twin bombings kill a police officer and wound nine people in Peshawar, Pakistan.
- A bomb detonates in a bus carrying government employees in Peshawar, Pakistan, killing 15 and injuring at least 54.