- The United States Supreme Court is requested to block Italian automaker Fiat's purchase of Chrysler.
- Fiat wins at least a partial victory in Delaware Chancery Court, but the judge declines its invitation to order a United Autoworkers affiliated trust to sell its Chrysler shares to the Italian company.
- Barack Obama, the President of the United States, announces the sale of the US government's stake in Chrysler to Italian automaker Fiat at a visit to a plant at Toledo, Ohio.
- Judge Brett Kavanaugh's nomination to the U.S. Supreme Court is confirmed when a final vote takes place, with 50 senators for his confirmation and 48 against.
- Hundreds of protesters against U.S. President Donald Trump's Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh are arrested at the Hart Senate Office Building, including Amy Schumer and model Emily Ratajkowski.