- The U.S. Court of Appeals in New Orleans, Louisiana, in a 2-1 decision, upholds a lower court's injunction that blocks implementation of an Executive order to shield from deportation millions of undocumented immigrants who entered the United States as children. The White House is considering an appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Nineteen people are injured during a shooting at a Mother's Day parade in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States.
- Ray Nagin, the former Mayor of New Orleans, Louisiana, is indicted on 21 different counts including fraud, embezzlement, money laundering, bribery, and tax evasion.
- The People's Republic of China confirms its first case of (A)H1N1 influenza.
- H1N1 influenza kills a third United States citizen and spreads to Australia and Japan.