Radio Shabelle director Moqtar Mohamed Hirabe is killed in Mogadishu, Somalia.
- Three civilians die during combat between Islamist insurgents and the African Union Mission in Mogadishu, Somalia.
- Combat between the government and the Islamic Courts Union kills at least 123 people in Mogadishu, Somalia.
- A suicide bomber attacks a government building in Mogadishu, Somalia, and causes the collapse of an adjacent school. Three deaths and 14 injuries are reported.
- A car bomb near an International Committee of the Red Cross office wounds three people in Mogadishu, Somalia.
- A car bomb claimed by Al-Shabab kills five people including the driver and wounds around ten others outside Somalia's Parliament, Interior Ministry, and Presidential Palace buildings in Mogadishu.