- More than 40 people are killed on Mindanao between the Philippine government and armed groups opposed to the peace deal between the Philippines and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front.
- President Benigno Aquino of the Philippines announces that the Philippine government has reached an outline peace agreement with the Moro Islamic Liberation Front over the disputed Mindanao region.
- Nineteen Moro Islamic Liberation Front rebels are killed by Filipino military air strikes in the southern part of the island of Mindanao.
- In the Philippines, the truce between the army and Islamist rebels collapses. Government forces exchange fire with the MILF rebels in Mindanao. The peace talks are still ongoing.
- Philippine soldiers clash with militants from the ISIL-affiliated Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters (BIFF), in the southern province of Maguindanao. The fighting began when BIFF militants attempted to occupy a town center, and lasted for 12 hours until the BIFF militants withdrew to the hills. Four militants were killed, while two militants, a Philippine soldier and a local militiaman were wounded.