The President of the United States, Barack Obama, addresses the Muslim world in Cairo, Egypt.
- Washington Post (Image)
- U.S. President Barack Obama gives a speech in Indonesia during which he says more needs to be done to repair the relationship between the United States and the Muslim world.
- A poll of six countries, taken by the Brookings Institution, an American think tank, indicates that the popularity of the President of the United States Barack Obama has dropped significantly in the Arab World since "A New Beginning".
- Dignitaries gather at the memorial service for U.S. Senator John McCain at the Washington National Cathedral, at which former U.S. Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama are among those who eulogize McCain.
- An explosion at a chemical plant near Cairo, Egypt, injures 12 people.
- Egyptian chief prosecutor Nabil Sadek refers 555 ISIL suspects suspected of 63 terror attacks to a military court, while the Giza Criminal Court in Cairo sentences nine terrorists to life imprisonment and two others to five years imprisonment each.