Germany's Constitutional Court approves the Treaty of Lisbon, but suspends ratification of it.
- The Wall Street Journal
- The Federal Constitutional Court in Karlsruhe rules that Germany's participation in the European Stability Mechanism (ESM) is, conditionally, within the German Constitution's limits, allowing President Gauck to approve the Bundestag's previous agreement with the mechanism.
- The Federal Constitutional Court, the highest Court in Germany, has ordered the release of Mamoun Darkazanli who has been accused by Spain of having funded the September 11, 2001 attacks.
- Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan says that recordings related to the killing of Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi were issued to Saudi Arabia, the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany and France.
- Voters in the German state of Hesse go to the polls to elect a new legislature. The election is widely considered a test for Angela Merkel's ruling CDU-SPD coalition.
- Authorities arrest eight men after a gang rape in Freiburg, Germany on 14 October, with police seeking more men.