- Madagascar's military installs former Antananarivo Mayor Andry Rajoelina as the country's new President, replacing Marc Ravalomanana.
- Former President of Madagascar Marc Ravalomanana is sentenced "in absentia" to life in prison with hard labour for ordering the killing of opposition supporters.
- Malagasy President Andry Rajoelina issues an arrest warrant for former President Marc Ravalomanana.
- Andry Rajoelina is inaugurated as President of Madagascar.
- Madagascar's constitutional court supports the installation of Andry Rajoelina as President.