- AP via KFMB
- The United States Air Force tests a Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California. The missile test is considered to be successful.
- The United States decides to delay a long-planned intercontinental ballistic missile test scheduled for next week at the Vandenberg Air Force Base in California, following tensions with North Korea.
- The Boeing X-37B, a United States Air Force unmanned spaceplane, lands autonomously at Vandenberg Air Force Base, California, at 1:16am PST (0916 UTC) after 7 1-2 months in space.
- A United States Air Force F-22 Raptor crashes near Edwards AF Base in California, killing its pilot.
- At least 11 people have been killed and more than 150,000 evacuated as two big wildfires rage in California, the Camp Fire in Butte County and the Hill Fire in Ventura.