A roadside bomb kills five Iraqi policemen in the western city of Fallujah.
A roadside bomb killed five Iraqi policemen today in the once turbulent but recently secure western city of Falluja, police said…
- The Irish Times (Image)
- The Iraqi government recaptures the main government compound in Fallujah.
- Ongoing protests by Sunni Muslims in Iraq against the government of Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki turn deadly, as clashes leave 7 protesters and 2 soldiers dead in Fallujah. More than 60 others are injured, and at least 3 soldiers are kidnapped by unidentified gunmen.
- 5 Iraqi policemen are killed in an overnight shootout in western Baghdad, while 1 policeman is killed at a checkpoint outside Fallujah.
- Gunmen raided a jewelry shop Saturday morning in western Iraq, killing four people before fleeing with a large amount of gold in Fallujah, 40 miles (65 kilometers) west of Baghdad.
- A United States Marine Corps reservist is found guilty of killing an Iraqi soldier while they stood guard together in Fallujah.