Former detainees allege abuses at Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross confirms reports of a second, secret US prison at Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan after new allegations of torture.
- United States Federal Judge John D. Bates rules that enemy combatants incarcerated at the U.S. Air Base in Bagram, Afghanistan, have rights to legal trials.
- An Afghan commando in Kabul kills Major Brent Taylor of the Utah National Guard, who was also the mayor of North Ogden, Utah.
- A helicopter carrying senior Afghan National Army officials crashes, killing all 25 people on board in the western Farah Province, Afghanistan. The Taliban claims responsibility for shooting it down, however Afghan officials blame bad weather as the cause of the crash.
- After a delay of three years, voters in Afghanistan head to the polls to elect members of the nation's parliament. The election is marred by violence and suicide attacks which leave over 170 dead or wounded nationwide.