Zimbabwe's Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai insists the coalition government is tackling the country's dire humanitarian and economic crisis at a talk at Southwark Cathedral in London.
- Sky News
- Morgan Tsvangirai, opposition politician in Zimbabwe, dies of colon cancer at the age of 65, only months before a presidential election.
- Zimbabwe's top court rules that the general election should be held on July 31 despite an appeal by President Robert Mugabe and his main rival Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai.
- The incumbent President of Zimbabwe, Robert Mugabe, determines that elections will be scheduled for 31 July 2013, however Mugabe's leading presidential contestant and primary political rival Morgan Tsvangirai rejects this as being "a unilateral and flagrant breach of the constitution".
- Zimbabwean Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai says the country is descending into a "police state" and urges regional intervention, at a rally banned by police.
- Zimbabwean Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai calls for an end to the country's unity government after one of his party members is arrested.