United States President Barack Obama tells a television news crew his country is "fully prepared" for a possible missile test by North Korea over the Pacific Ocean.
- Shinzo Abe, the Prime Minister of Japan, meets with the President of the United States Barack Obama at the White House to discuss trade, economic, and security issues including North Korea and the Senkaku Islands dispute with China.
- Lee Myung-bak, South Korea's president, meets U.S. President Barack Obama in Washington to talk about North Korea.
- U.S. President Donald Trump states North Korea was recently seeking talks with the United States.
- Plans for a Chicago-based presidential library in honour of the former U.S. President Obama are revealed.
- Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte tells U.S. President Barack Obama to "go to hell" after the United States refuses to sell some weapons to his country, while also acknowledging the cooperation of Russia and China.