- Cricinfo (Image)
- Dr Imran Farooq, an exiled leader of Pakistan's Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) is murdered in the North London suburb of Edgware, England leading to schools and shops being closed in Farooq's home city of Karachi.
- Controversy arises at cricket's Fourth test between Pakistan and England at The Oval, London when umpires rule that ball-tampering has occurred and award the game to England.
- Lewis Ludlow pleads guilty to financing and planning a terrorist van attack in London, England.
- England announces that the Ministry of Housing will manage Grenfell Tower in London once the investigation into the fire that gutted the building and killed 72 people is complete.
- Thousands, including some from Australia, protest in London, England, against the renewal of the United Kingdom's Trident nuclear deterrent system, the largest anti-nuclear rally since 1983. Leader of the Labour Party Jeremy Corbyn, Scottish National Party leader and First Minister of Scotland Nicola Sturgeon, the Welsh Plaid Cymru Party, and the Green Party participated in the march. A parliamentary vote on renewing Trident is expected this year.