Henry Allingham, 113, one of the UK's last two World War I veterans, becomes the world's oldest man following the death of Tomoji Tanabe.
- Two men are jailed in the United Kingdom for looting historical items from World War I shipwreck HMS "Hermes" and selling them for scrap.
- Florence Green, the last known veteran from World War I, dies at the age of 110 in the United Kingdom.
- British Defence Minister Gavin Williamson announces that a joint British-Omani military training base will open in Oman next year.
- World leaders, including Donald Trump, Vladimir Putin and Emmanuel Macron, lead commemorations in Paris to mark the passing of 100 years since the 1918 Armistice which ended World War I.
- Medical cannabis becomes legal in the United Kingdom as the National Health Service can now prescribe it to some patients, including those with cancer, severe forms of epilepsy, and multiple sclerosis.