Floods and mudslides in Brazil kill 19 people and render 186,000 others homeless.
Floods and mudslides from heavy rains in northern Brazil have driven more than 186,000 from their homes and killed 19 people, officials said Tuesday.
- MSNBC (Image)
- Eleven people die, including five hostages, as armed police battle robbers who had tried to raid two banks in Milagres, Ceará, Brazil.
- A gunman kills four people and injures four others at a Catholic cathedral in Campinas, São Paulo, Brazil. The gunman commits suicide after the attack.
- The president-elect of Brazil, Jair Bolsonaro, states that he will honor his campaign pledge to move the country's embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.
- A landslide leaves at least 10 people dead while eleven others are injured in Niterói, Brazil.
- Brazilians elect Jair Bolsonaro of the Social Liberal Party as president, with 55% of the vote, in the second round of the presidential election.