- Reuters (Image)
- The South Korean Navy destroyer "Mummu the Great" and the U.S. Navy cruiser "Gettysburg" capture 17 suspected Somali pirates in the Gulf of Aden.
- South Korea will fly the bodies of eight Somali pirates killed in a commando raid on a freighter last month from Muscat, Oman, to Mogadishu, Somalia.
- The South Korean navy directs an operation against Somali pirates who hijacked a South Korean ship, rescuing all 21 hostages, while eight pirates are killed and five are captured.
- Somali pirates hijack a South Korean owned Kenyan registered fishing boat with 43 crew aboard.
- Piracy in Somalia: A South Korean warship catches up with an oil tanker that was hijacked by Somali pirates in the Indian Ocean.