- AFP via News Limited
- The United Nations Security Council unanimously imposes new sanctions on North Korea that caps refined petroleum product imports to 500,000 barrels a year, a 90 percent cut, and demands the repatriation of North Koreans working abroad within 24 months.
- The United Nations Security Council votes 15-0 to impose sanctions on North Korea for its intercontinental ballistic missile tests.
- The United States Defense Department reports its Strategic Command systems detected a failed North Korean ballistic missile launch near the city of Kusong in North Pyongan Province.
- North Korea launches two ballistic missiles, one of which explodes immediately after its launch while the main part of the other lands in Japan's economic exclusion zone.
- South Korea claims that North Korea has fired a ballistic missile from a submarine.