- Transparency International (TI), a nonprofit which works against corruption, warns about US companies overcharging for the rebuilding of Iraq. A TI study showed that a multi-million-dollar deal was awarded to a US company only for it to sub-contract the work to an Iraqi firm for a fraction of the cost.
- Seven people are killed and more than 30 are injured during a rally in Basra, Iraq after security forces opened fire.
- Iraq announces the executions of seven terror convicts in Dhi Qar, saying the men, all citizens of Iraq, were hanged yesterday.
- The Trump administration is considering sending captured ISIL fighters to a prison in Iraq, as well as sending "high-valued fighters", who participated in the murder of Americans and other Western hostages, to the Guantanamo Bay detention camp. Human rights groups and the Democratic Party are opposed to holding these people indefinitely without charges and say they should be tried in federal courts.
- Yazidi demonstrators at Calgary City Hall in Calgary, Alberta call for the Canadian government to help with efforts to reunite family members in Canada who fled the genocide perpetrated by ISIL in 2014 with those still living in Iraq.