- Transparency International (TI), a nonprofit which works against corruption, warns about US companies overcharging for the rebuilding of Iraq. A TI study showed that a multi-million-dollar deal was awarded to a US company only for it to sub-contract the work to an Iraqi firm for a fraction of the cost.
- At least 21 people have died, 180 have been injured and tens of thousands have been displaced by heavy rains that have affected Iraq.
- A 6.3 magnitude earthquake strikes near Sarpol-e Zahab, Iran, and close to the Iraqi border. A person died in Iraq while more than 700 others are injured.
- Seven people are killed and more than 30 are injured during a rally in Basra, Iraq after security forces opened fire.
- Iraq announces the executions of seven terror convicts in Dhi Qar, saying the men, all citizens of Iraq, were hanged yesterday.